Here’s the poster for our St Mary’s University Centre for Social-Scientific Study of the Bible conference, ‘Cities of God?’ coming on 22-23 May. You can download it as a pdf file from here. There’s a cracking line-up of confirmed speakers, and the opportunity for others to offer papers—title and abstract (and any questions) to steve [dot] walton [at] stmarys [dot] ac [dot] uk” target=”_blank”>me by 1 March, please. More information on the website here, including a link to register.
- Get our book, Poverty in the Early Church and Today: A Conversation, in pdf for free! 23 September 2019
- Some helpful pieces on planning and study 16 September 2019
- Sharing possessions in Acts 9 September 2019
- A very interesting piece on improving your writing 2 September 2019
- A fascinating discussion of Matthew Novenson’s The Grammar of Messianism 24 July 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing