I commented on this stimulating and thoughtful study by Claire S. Smith some while ago on this blog, here, and sketched some of its implication. Now my review has been published by Review of Biblical Literature online, so you can read it here. There’s also a shorter, but helpful, summary-review by Andrew D. Clarke in Themelios online here.
- My Morning Routine: reflections on reading this book 25 July 2018
- Reflecting on Rest 11 July 2018
- Closing the Gap: a very worthwhile conference in Durham (3) 22 June 2018
- Closing the Gap: a very worthwhile conference in Durham (2) 21 June 2018
- Closing the Gap: a very worthwhile conference in Durham (1) 20 June 2018
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research Philippians poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing