I commented on this stimulating and thoughtful study by Claire S. Smith some while ago on this blog, here, and sketched some of its implication. Now my review has been published by Review of Biblical Literature online, so you can read it here. There’s also a shorter, but helpful, summary-review by Andrew D. Clarke in Themelios online here.
- Slides on the significance of the authorship of Acts for its interpretation 20 May 2022
- Updated slides on Galatians: Paul’s most urgent letter 15 March 2022
- Slides on Galatians: Paul’s most urgent letter 20 February 2022
- Craig Keener’s new book 20 December 2021
- Walter Isaacson’s biography of Steve Jobs 27 November 2021
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire scholarship scribal literacy Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing