Here’s a fresh, generous and stimulating review of N. T. Wright’s big Paul and the Faithfulness of God by my friend Simon Gathercole, who teaches in the Faculty of Divinity at Cambridge. I’ve greatly enjoyed reading Simon’s review, which is gracious and clear, and clarifies and maps areas of agreement and disagreement nicely. It’s preparing me for reading Wright himself—I am going to take the big book on hols and will hope to blog about it.
- Revelation 14—the Lamb vs the beasts: an outline 26 February 2024
- The two witnesses—a video and a handout on Revelation 11 13 February 2024
- Introducing Mark: slides 9 January 2024
- Living from the future to the present: a talk on Isaiah 61:10–62:5 30 December 2023
- An overview of the Bible—slides 2 December 2023
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Old Testament Paul Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing