Below are the two parts of a sermon on love based on Matthew 22:34-40 and 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8, recorded for my church’s online service for Sunday 25 October 2020. The first part focuses on Jesus’s teaching on love (Matthew; c. 16 mins), and the second Paul, Timothy and Silas as examples of love in action (1 Thessalonians; c. 8 mins). Comments welcome!
- A two-part sermon on Ruth chapter 1 16 January 2021
- A two-part overview of the book of Ruth 7 January 2021
- A sermon on Luke 1:26-38 18 December 2020
- Remembering Larry Hurtado 23 November 2020
- A list of key Biblical Studies resources for undergraduates and Master’s students 9 November 2020
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing