Below are the two parts of a sermon on love based on Matthew 22:34-40 and 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8, recorded for my church’s online service for Sunday 25 October 2020. The first part focuses on Jesus’s teaching on love (Matthew; c. 16 mins), and the second Paul, Timothy and Silas as examples of love in action (1 Thessalonians; c. 8 mins). Comments welcome!
- A two-part sermon on John 20:19-31 10 April 2021
- Elijah, Elisha, John and Jesus in Luke-Acts: slides 29 March 2021
- A two-part sermon on Mark 15:1-39—Mark’s account of the cross 27 March 2021
- Eric Roseberry interviews me 24 March 2021
- A review of Sean Adams’ Greek Genres and Jewish Authors 25 February 2021
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire scholarship scribal literacy Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing