I’ve now been able, thanks to the techies at St Mary’s University, Twickenham, to make my full inaugural professorial lecture ‘Doing Theology Lukewise: Luke as Theologian and Storyteller’, with the slides inserted at appropriate points, available as a video. This is an improvement on the facebook live version, which doesn’t have the slides and which (because of a technical glitch) lacks the first few minutes of the lecture. That said, the facebook live version has the question time at the end, which the university’s version does not (to download the fb live version, follow the link, and then click on the three dots at top right and select “Download”). You can view it here or here or download it from here (click on the three dots at top right and select “Download”). Enjoy!
- A new book on healing and exorcism in second temple Judaism and the New Testament 5 February 2020
- A new book on Luke-Acts and ancient historiography 6 January 2020
- Slides from study day on Matthew’s Gospel 3 November 2019
- Get our book, Poverty in the Early Church and Today: A Conversation, in pdf for free! 23 September 2019
- Some helpful pieces on planning and study 16 September 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing