I’ve now been able, thanks to the techies at St Mary’s University, Twickenham, to make my full inaugural professorial lecture ‘Doing Theology Lukewise: Luke as Theologian and Storyteller’, with the slides inserted at appropriate points, available as a video. This is an improvement on the facebook live version, which doesn’t have the slides and which (because of a technical glitch) lacks the first few minutes of the lecture. That said, the facebook live version has the question time at the end, which the university’s version does not (to download the fb live version, follow the link, and then click on the three dots at top right and select “Download”). You can view it here or here or download it from here (click on the three dots at top right and select “Download”). Enjoy!
- A fascinating discussion of Matthew Novenson’s The Grammar of Messianism 24 July 2019
- My slides on improving your academic writing 19 June 2019
- John Goldingay’s The Old Testament for Everyone series 16 May 2019
- An excellent new book on fixing academic writing problems 20 February 2019
- Tavis Bohlinger on choosing the life of the mind 18 February 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund theological interpretation of Scripture Tom Wright writing