Don’t miss this, folks! An exploration of Joseph Ratzinger’s contribution to theology including a paper by Richard Burridge, who has turned round our understanding of the Gospels within a generation (see my article [you’ll need access to Sage through your institution to get this] and Richard’s books here and here), and a book launch with my fine colleague Jacob Phillips, the translator of Ratzinger’s Last Testament! Two of our research centres, the Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible and the Benedict XVI Centre for Religion and Society, are joint-sponsoring this conference, which will be outstanding.
- Some recent publications 4 May 2021
- The parables and the kingdom of God/heaven—slides 21 April 2021
- A two-part sermon on John 20:19-31 10 April 2021
- Elijah, Elisha, John and Jesus in Luke-Acts: slides 29 March 2021
- A two-part sermon on Mark 15:1-39—Mark’s account of the cross 27 March 2021
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire scholarship scribal literacy Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing