Here are the slides from my brief talk in the Book of Acts seminar session on the new Editio Critica Maior (major critical edition) of Acts at the British New Testament Conference last week. The whole session was fascinating with talks by four major textual critics including (from left to right) Dirk Jongkind (an editor of the Tyndale House Greek NT project), Tommy Wasserman, Jenny Read-Heimerdinger (one of the authors of The Message of Acts in Codex Bezae, 4 vols), Klaus Wachtel (one of the editors of the project), plus Sean Adams and me.
- A new book on healing and exorcism in second temple Judaism and the New Testament 5 February 2020
- A new book on Luke-Acts and ancient historiography 6 January 2020
- Slides from study day on Matthew’s Gospel 3 November 2019
- Get our book, Poverty in the Early Church and Today: A Conversation, in pdf for free! 23 September 2019
- Some helpful pieces on planning and study 16 September 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing