David Bryan, one of the editors, has done a podcast on the book on the ascension of Jesus in Luke-Acts to which I contributed, Ascent into Heaven in Luke-Acts. He talks a good deal about the topic and the wider context of the book—and says some very helpful things about his own contribution to the book. Just over 44 minutes long. Worth a listen.
- Get our book, Poverty in the Early Church and Today: A Conversation, in pdf for free! 23 September 2019
- Some helpful pieces on planning and study 16 September 2019
- Sharing possessions in Acts 9 September 2019
- A very interesting piece on improving your writing 2 September 2019
- A fascinating discussion of Matthew Novenson’s The Grammar of Messianism 24 July 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing