David Bryan, one of the editors, has done a podcast on the book on the ascension of Jesus in Luke-Acts to which I contributed, Ascent into Heaven in Luke-Acts. He talks a good deal about the topic and the wider context of the book—and says some very helpful things about his own contribution to the book. Just over 44 minutes long. Worth a listen.
- Slides from my talks on ‘Becoming and nurturing a more confident people of God’ 17 February 2018
- Review of Deep Work by Cal Newport 6 October 2017
- The Urban World and the First Christians 3 October 2017
- Slides from my updated talk ‘Acts as Biblical History?’ 15 September 2017
- Sean Adams on the ‘Being Jewish, Writing Greek’ conference 11 September 2017
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research Philippians poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Septuagint St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright