Here’s another sermon from our evening series at Emmanuel Church, Loughborough on women of the Old Testament, this time on Ruth—a figure with whom it’s easier to be sympathetic than Jael, the subject of my previous sermon here. As with the Jael sermon, below is a link to the YouTube video and here’s the link for the set of slides for the talk.
- Slides and handout on ‘Wealth and possessions according to Acts 11–28’ (my SBL paper) 3 December 2022
- Slides on Matthew 8–9 1 November 2022
- A cracking read: Luke Timothy Johnson’s autobiography as a scholar 31 October 2022
- Slides for my talks on Matthew 15 October 2022
- A new book on baptism 14 October 2022
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire scholarship Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing