Thanks to Chris Skinner for his kind and encouraging comments on this new book on characters and characterisation in Luke-Acts. I’ve contributed an essay on the characterisation of Jesus in Acts—to my surprise, a topic that’s hardly been touched in previous scholarship.
- New Principal for Trinity College, Bristol 5 February 2019
- A new book: Poverty in the Early Church and Today—A Conversation 1 February 2019
- Review: Tom Wright, Paul: A Biography 2 January 2019
- An interview about my book The Urban World and the First Christians 3 December 2018
- More Bible reading notes on Luke—and a free offer again! 20 November 2018
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund textual criticism Tom Wright writing