Thanks to Chris Skinner for his kind and encouraging comments on this new book on characters and characterisation in Luke-Acts. I’ve contributed an essay on the characterisation of Jesus in Acts—to my surprise, a topic that’s hardly been touched in previous scholarship.
- Closing the Gap: a very worthwhile conference in Durham (3) 22 June 2018
- Closing the Gap: a very worthwhile conference in Durham (2) 21 June 2018
- Closing the Gap: a very worthwhile conference in Durham (1) 20 June 2018
- Kristen Padilla’s helpful book for women considering Christian ministry 11 June 2018
- (pre-)Order this book and get some good extras! 2 June 2018
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research Philippians poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing