We’re preaching a series on women of the Old Testament at Emmanuel Church, Loughborough in the evenings at present, and on 7 August I had the fun of preaching on Jael, who is infamous for murdering Sisera with a tent peg. So below is a link to the sermon on my YouTube channel, and here’s a link to the slides from the sermon. Comments and thoughts welcome—this is not an easy passage to preach on!
- Slides on Matthew 8–9 1 November 2022
- A cracking read: Luke Timothy Johnson’s autobiography as a scholar 31 October 2022
- Slides for my talks on Matthew 15 October 2022
- A new book on baptism 14 October 2022
- Church planting in Acts: my slides 8 October 2022
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire scholarship scribal literacy Scripture sermon St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing