We’re preaching a series on women of the Old Testament at Emmanuel Church, Loughborough in the evenings at present, and on 7 August I had the fun of preaching on Jael, who is infamous for murdering Sisera with a tent peg. So below is a link to the sermon on my YouTube channel, and here’s a link to the slides from the sermon. Comments and thoughts welcome—this is not an easy passage to preach on!
- Giving sacrificially: Luke 20:45–21:4 27 September 2022
- My commentary on Acts 2:42-47 31 August 2022
- Ruth 2: a sermon 25 August 2022
- What about Jael, the tent-peg woman? 22 August 2022
- Who was Theophilus (Luke 1:3; Acts 1:1)? A podcast interview 10 August 2022
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark news New Testament New Testament Studies Old Testament Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire scholarship scribal literacy Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing