The sad news has come today that Rod Decker has died after quite a long illness with cancer. Here’s the note from his wife. Rod is a lovely man and fine scholar (verb tense carefully chosen, as Rod would always have insisted): his introductory Greek grammar and his Baylor Greek Handbook on Mark (in 2 volumes) were his final major projects and they will be out later this year. We thank God for him and send much love to his family.
- Some recent publications 4 May 2021
- The parables and the kingdom of God/heaven—slides 21 April 2021
- A two-part sermon on John 20:19-31 10 April 2021
- Elijah, Elisha, John and Jesus in Luke-Acts: slides 29 March 2021
- A two-part sermon on Mark 15:1-39—Mark’s account of the cross 27 March 2021
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire scholarship scribal literacy Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing