The sad news has come today that Rod Decker has died after quite a long illness with cancer. Here’s the note from his wife. Rod is a lovely man and fine scholar (verb tense carefully chosen, as Rod would always have insisted): his introductory Greek grammar and his Baylor Greek Handbook on Mark (in 2 volumes) were his final major projects and they will be out later this year. We thank God for him and send much love to his family.
- Slides on Exodus 14:5-22: the sea crossing 29 May 2023
- Jesus’ Ascension: slides and a sermon 21 May 2023
- Frank Field’s Politics, Poverty and Belief 8 May 2023
- Slides and video of my talk on Acts 2:22-36 17 April 2023
- Saul’s change of name to Paul 10 April 2023
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Old Testament Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship Scripture sermon St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing