I’m pleased to announce a PhD scholarship at St Mary’s University, Twickenham (tuition at the home/EU rate plus £13,000 per annum) for research in New Testament within our Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible. For anyone interested in coming to London to work with me, Professor Chris Keith, or Professor James Crossley, follow this link for general details of PhD study at St Mary’s and this link for a downloadable pdf of the invitation to apply. The deadline for application is 28 March 2016. Interested potential students can email questions to me, Chris Keith, or James Crossley. Please pass this on to anyone you know who might be interested.
- Links for free NT resources during coronavirus 20 March 2020
- Bravo, Eric Clouston! A new book on Acts in its literary context 24 February 2020
- A new book on healing and exorcism in second temple Judaism and the New Testament 5 February 2020
- A new book on Luke-Acts and ancient historiography 6 January 2020
- Slides from study day on Matthew’s Gospel 3 November 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing