I’m pleased to announce a PhD scholarship at St Mary’s University, Twickenham (tuition at the home/EU rate plus £13,000 per annum) for research in New Testament within our Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible. For anyone interested in coming to London to work with me, Professor Chris Keith, or Professor James Crossley, follow this link for general details of PhD study at St Mary’s and this link for a downloadable pdf of the invitation to apply. The deadline for application is 28 March 2016. Interested potential students can email questions to me, Chris Keith, or James Crossley. Please pass this on to anyone you know who might be interested.
- John Goldingay’s The Old Testament for Everyone series 16 May 2019
- An excellent new book on fixing academic writing problems 20 February 2019
- Tavis Bohlinger on choosing the life of the mind 18 February 2019
- New Principal for Trinity College, Bristol 5 February 2019
- A new book: Poverty in the Early Church and Today—A Conversation 1 February 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund theological interpretation of Scripture Tom Wright writing