I’m pleased to announce a PhD scholarship at St Mary’s University, Twickenham (tuition at the home/EU rate plus £13,000 per annum) for research in New Testament within our Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible. For anyone interested in coming to London to work with me, Professor Chris Keith, or Professor James Crossley, follow this link for general details of PhD study at St Mary’s and this link for a downloadable pdf of the invitation to apply. The deadline for application is 28 March 2016. Interested potential students can email questions to me, Chris Keith, or James Crossley. Please pass this on to anyone you know who might be interested.
- The new St Mary’s MA in Biblical Studies 7 April 2017
- It’s here! A new book on Acts, masculinity and politics 22 December 2016
- I (Still) Believe—a helpful (and very varied) book 20 December 2016
- Announcing a pause… 23 November 2016
- An excellent study day on Joseph Ratzinger/Pope Benedict XVI’s theological legacy 11 November 2016
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth Dead Sea Scrolls ecclesiology education evil gospel Gospels greek Jesus learning news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing Qumran research Richard Burridge Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Septuagint St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund textual criticism Tom Wright