Here’s a valuable introduction to how scholars date ancient papyri—and our oldest copies of the biblical texts are papyri—by Larry Hurtado from his excellent blog. Well worth reading if this is an area of mystery to you—and well worth recommending to students as a helpful ‘way in’ to the topic.
- Slides from a sermon on John 12:20-36 27 March 2023
- Sermon on John 1:1-18 14 March 2023
- Slides on Introducing the Theology of Paul 11 March 2023
- Isaiah 7:10-17: slides and video from a sermon 19 December 2022
- Reflecting on SBL Denver 2022 9 December 2022
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship Scripture sermon St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing