Here’s a valuable introduction to how scholars date ancient papyri—and our oldest copies of the biblical texts are papyri—by Larry Hurtado from his excellent blog. Well worth reading if this is an area of mystery to you—and well worth recommending to students as a helpful ‘way in’ to the topic.
- The two witnesses—a video and a handout on Revelation 11 13 February 2024
- Introducing Mark: slides 9 January 2024
- Living from the future to the present: a talk on Isaiah 61:10–62:5 30 December 2023
- An overview of the Bible—slides 2 December 2023
- The seven seals (Revelation 6 + 8:1): slides 26 November 2023
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire scholarship scribal literacy Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing