Don’t miss this, folks! An exploration of Joseph Ratzinger’s contribution to theology including a paper by Richard Burridge, who has turned round our understanding of the Gospels within a generation (see my article [you’ll need access to Sage through your institution to get this] and Richard’s books here and here), and a book launch with my fine colleague Jacob Phillips, the translator of Ratzinger’s Last Testament! Two of our research centres, the Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible and the Benedict XVI Centre for Religion and Society, are joint-sponsoring this conference, which will be outstanding.
- John Goldingay’s The Old Testament for Everyone series 16 May 2019
- An excellent new book on fixing academic writing problems 20 February 2019
- Tavis Bohlinger on choosing the life of the mind 18 February 2019
- New Principal for Trinity College, Bristol 5 February 2019
- A new book: Poverty in the Early Church and Today—A Conversation 1 February 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund theological interpretation of Scripture Tom Wright writing