Don’t miss this, folks! An exploration of Joseph Ratzinger’s contribution to theology including a paper by Richard Burridge, who has turned round our understanding of the Gospels within a generation (see my article [you’ll need access to Sage through your institution to get this] and Richard’s books here and here), and a book launch with my fine colleague Jacob Phillips, the translator of Ratzinger’s Last Testament! Two of our research centres, the Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible and the Benedict XVI Centre for Religion and Society, are joint-sponsoring this conference, which will be outstanding.
- It’s here! A new book on Acts, masculinity and politics 22 December 2016
- I (Still) Believe—a helpful (and very varied) book 20 December 2016
- Announcing a pause… 23 November 2016
- An excellent study day on Joseph Ratzinger/Pope Benedict XVI’s theological legacy 11 November 2016
- Chris Skinner on the new book on characters and characterization in Luke-Acts 29 October 2016
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth Dead Sea Scrolls ecclesiology education evil gospel Gospels greek Jesus learning news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing Qumran research Richard Burridge Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Septuagint St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund textual criticism Tom Wright