Don’t miss this, folks! An exploration of Joseph Ratzinger’s contribution to theology including a paper by Richard Burridge, who has turned round our understanding of the Gospels within a generation (see my article [you’ll need access to Sage through your institution to get this] and Richard’s books here and here), and a book launch with my fine colleague Jacob Phillips, the translator of Ratzinger’s Last Testament! Two of our research centres, the Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible and the Benedict XVI Centre for Religion and Society, are joint-sponsoring this conference, which will be outstanding.
- Review of Deep Work by Cal Newport 6 October 2017
- The Urban World and the First Christians 3 October 2017
- Slides from my updated talk ‘Acts as Biblical History?’ 15 September 2017
- Sean Adams on the ‘Being Jewish, Writing Greek’ conference 11 September 2017
- Slides from my talk “Acts as Biblical History?” 31 August 2017
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research Philippians poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Septuagint St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright