I was thinking I’d write a review/summary of the BBC show In the Footsteps of Judas, shown on BBC1 on Good Friday—but Ian Paul has done such a good job that I’ll simply point you to his blog on the show. In sum: a very worthwhile show with good scholars (Simon Gathercole, Helen Bond, Joan Taylor, Anthony Cane, Peter Stanford) and a good presenter holding the thread together (Kate Bottley, of Gogglebox fame). Well worth an hour of your time—still available for another 25 days on iPlayer here.
- Jesus’ message to Smyrna: video and slides from a talk 1 October 2023
- A fine opportunity to learn about Jesus’ parables 29 August 2023
- Slides and a video on Jesus’ meeting with the Canaanite woman (Matthew 15:21-28) 21 August 2023
- Is the Roman Empire a friend or a foe in Acts? 17 August 2023
- Slides and a video on the parable of the wheat and the weeds (Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43) 9 August 2023
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Old Testament Paul Pauline communities PhD PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire scholarship Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing