Here’s an interesting reflection by my colleague James Crossley on Jeremy Corbyn and the Bible—James was delighted when Corbyn used a biblical allusion in his first speech as Labour leader (did you spot it?), and here reflects on the place of the Bible in political discourse.
- The seven seals (Revelation 6 + 8:1): slides 26 November 2023
- 2 Timothy 4:1-8: slides from a talk to Leicester Diocesan Evangelical Fellowship 1 November 2023
- Jesus’ message to Thyatira: video and slides 15 October 2023
- Reading Lukewise: an overview of Luke’s Gospel—slides 11 October 2023
- Jesus’ message to Smyrna: video and slides from a talk 1 October 2023
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire scholarship scribal literacy Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing