Thanks to Chris Skinner for his kind and encouraging comments on this new book on characters and characterisation in Luke-Acts. I’ve contributed an essay on the characterisation of Jesus in Acts—to my surprise, a topic that’s hardly been touched in previous scholarship.
- It’s here! A new book on Acts, masculinity and politics 22 December 2016
- I (Still) Believe—a helpful (and very varied) book 20 December 2016
- Announcing a pause… 23 November 2016
- An excellent study day on Joseph Ratzinger/Pope Benedict XVI’s theological legacy 11 November 2016
- Chris Skinner on the new book on characters and characterization in Luke-Acts 29 October 2016
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth Dead Sea Scrolls ecclesiology education evil gospel Gospels greek Jesus learning news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing Qumran research Richard Burridge Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Septuagint St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund textual criticism Tom Wright