I’m Steve Walton and this is my blog about New Testament Studies. I’m Associate Research Fellow at Trinity, College, Bristol, and supervise research students through their research programme (validated by the University of Aberdeen). Until December 2017, I was Professor in New Testament at St Mary’s University, Twickenham, where I’m involved with the Centre for Social-Scientific Study of the Bible, and supervise PhD students. I have also been an Affiliated Lecturer in the Cambridge University Faculty of Divinity. My major current writing project is a commentary on Acts, and I have wide interests in New Testament Studies too. Enjoy!
- Some useful blogs for study and research 26 March 2018
- John Nolland’s Festschrift—bravo and congratulations! 19 March 2018
- Conference summaries: Healing and Exorcism in Second Temple Judaism and Early Christianity 15 March 2018
- Slides from my talk for the Healing and Exorcism conference 9 March 2018
- Slides from my talks at Waterbeach on Acts 4 March 2018
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research Philippians poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Septuagint St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright