I’m Steve Walton and this is my blog about New Testament Studies. I’m Associate Research Fellow at Trinity, College, Bristol, and supervise research students through their research programme (validated by the University of Aberdeen), and have the privilege of serving as Secretary of the British New Testament Society. Until December 2017, I was Professor in New Testament at St Mary’s University, Twickenham, where I was involved with the Centre for Social-Scientific Study of the Bible, and supervised PhD students. I have also been an Affiliated Lecturer in the Cambridge University Faculty of Divinity. My major current writing project is a commentary on Acts for the Word Biblical Commentary, and I have wide interests in New Testament Studies too. Enjoy!
- Links for free NT resources during coronavirus 20 March 2020
- Bravo, Eric Clouston! A new book on Acts in its literary context 24 February 2020
- A new book on healing and exorcism in second temple Judaism and the New Testament 5 February 2020
- A new book on Luke-Acts and ancient historiography 6 January 2020
- Slides from study day on Matthew’s Gospel 3 November 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing