I’m Steve Walton and this is my blog about New Testament Studies. I’m Associate Research Fellow at Trinity, College, Bristol, and supervise research students through their research programme (validated by the University of Aberdeen), and have the privilege of serving as Secretary of the British New Testament Society. Until December 2017, I was Professor in New Testament at St Mary’s University, Twickenham, where I was involved with the Centre for Social-Scientific Study of the Bible, and supervised PhD students. I have also been an Affiliated Lecturer in the Cambridge University Faculty of Divinity. My major current writing project is a commentary on Acts for the Word Biblical Commentary, and I have wide interests in New Testament Studies too. Enjoy!
- John Goldingay’s The Old Testament for Everyone series 16 May 2019
- An excellent new book on fixing academic writing problems 20 February 2019
- Tavis Bohlinger on choosing the life of the mind 18 February 2019
- New Principal for Trinity College, Bristol 5 February 2019
- A new book: Poverty in the Early Church and Today—A Conversation 1 February 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund theological interpretation of Scripture Tom Wright writing