I’m Steve Walton and this is my blog about New Testament Studies. I’m Associate Research Fellow at Trinity, College, Bristol, and supervise research students through their research programme (validated by the University of Aberdeen), and have the privilege of serving as Secretary of the British New Testament Society. Until December 2017, I was Professor in New Testament at St Mary’s University, Twickenham, where I was involved with the Centre for Social-Scientific Study of the Bible, and supervised PhD students. I have also been an Affiliated Lecturer in the Cambridge University Faculty of Divinity. My major current writing project is a commentary on Acts for the Word Biblical Commentary, and I have wide interests in New Testament Studies too. Enjoy!
- Chris Green on the excellent Full Focus Planner 26 September 2018
- Tavis Bohlinger on the British New Testament Conference 13 September 2018
- Editio Critica Maior Acts: my ‘exegete’s view’ slides 12 September 2018
- My review of Joel Green on conversion in Luke-Acts 30 August 2018
- Offer: Bible reading notes for Sept to Dec this year 29 August 2018
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund textual criticism Tom Wright writing