I’m Steve Walton and this is my blog about New Testament Studies. I’m Professor in New Testament at St Mary’s University, Twickenham, where I’m involved with the Centre for Social-Scientific Study of the Bible, and supervise PhD students. I am also an Affiliated Lecturer in the Cambridge University Faculty of Divinity. My major current writing project is a commentary on Acts, and I have wide interests in New Testament Studies too. See more about me in my profile, here. Enjoy!
- It’s here! A new book on Acts, masculinity and politics 22 December 2016
- I (Still) Believe—a helpful (and very varied) book 20 December 2016
- Announcing a pause… 23 November 2016
- An excellent study day on Joseph Ratzinger/Pope Benedict XVI’s theological legacy 11 November 2016
- Chris Skinner on the new book on characters and characterization in Luke-Acts 29 October 2016
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth Dead Sea Scrolls ecclesiology education evil gospel Gospels greek Jesus learning news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing Qumran research Richard Burridge Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Septuagint St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund textual criticism Tom Wright