Here’s a sermon which is a touch over 25 minutes, and explores Psalm 2 both in its Old Testament setting and in the way Luke and Acts make use of the psalm. Thoughts and comments welcome! Warning for those who are sensitive to lack of political correctness: I start with a joke about a blonde, making clear in my introductory words that it trades on a caricature.
- Jesus’ message to Smyrna: video and slides from a talk 1 October 2023
- A fine opportunity to learn about Jesus’ parables 29 August 2023
- Slides and a video on Jesus’ meeting with the Canaanite woman (Matthew 15:21-28) 21 August 2023
- Is the Roman Empire a friend or a foe in Acts? 17 August 2023
- Slides and a video on the parable of the wheat and the weeds (Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43) 9 August 2023
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Old Testament Paul Pauline communities PhD PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire scholarship Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing