Here’s a video sermon (just over 20 minutes) which I have just recorded for a church in Pune, India (hence the greetings at the beginning) on Mary’s encounter with the angel Gabriel in Luke 1:26-38. Comments most welcome! Incidentally, I had two incidents in November of my blog being hacked. Following good help from my hosting company, InMotion, all now seems to be well. For those who know about such things, I’ve gone over to a secure URL—hence it now begins https, rather than http.
- A two-part overview of the book of Ruth 7 January 2021
- A sermon on Luke 1:26-38 18 December 2020
- Remembering Larry Hurtado 23 November 2020
- A list of key Biblical Studies resources for undergraduates and Master’s students 9 November 2020
- A ‘starter list’ of New Testament journals, book series, sources of reviews, etc. 26 October 2020
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing