I enjoyed contributing to to a seminar on ‘Wealth and Poverty in Luke-Acts, Revisited’ at the SBL annual meeting in Denver recently. I spoke on ‘Wealth and possessions according to Acts 11–28’, a neglected part of Luke-Acts in this discussion. Here are my slides from the talk, and here is the handout I made available through the SBL/AAR app (I liked this addition to the app this year)—I’d welcome thoughts and comments. Oh, and the sign above? It amused me!
- Isaiah 7:10-17: slides and video from a sermon 19 December 2022
- Reflecting on SBL Denver 2022 9 December 2022
- Slides and handout on ‘Wealth and possessions according to Acts 11–28’ (my SBL paper) 3 December 2022
- Slides on Matthew 8–9 1 November 2022
- A cracking read: Luke Timothy Johnson’s autobiography as a scholar 31 October 2022
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing