Here is a link to the slides from my talk on Luke 23, looking at how Luke tells the story of the death of Jesus. This is the third session I did for clergy and lay ministers from the (Anglican) Diocese of Exeter this week. The slides from the first two talks are here. Comments most welcome!
- Revelation 14—the Lamb vs the beasts: an outline 26 February 2024
- The two witnesses—a video and a handout on Revelation 11 13 February 2024
- Introducing Mark: slides 9 January 2024
- Living from the future to the present: a talk on Isaiah 61:10–62:5 30 December 2023
- An overview of the Bible—slides 2 December 2023
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Old Testament Paul Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing