I was thinking I’d write a review/summary of the BBC show In the Footsteps of Judas, shown on BBC1 on Good Friday—but Ian Paul has done such a good job that I’ll simply point you to his blog on the show. In sum: a very worthwhile show with good scholars (Simon Gathercole, Helen Bond, Joan Taylor, Anthony Cane, Peter Stanford) and a good presenter holding the thread together (Kate Bottley, of Gogglebox fame). Well worth an hour of your time—still available for another 25 days on iPlayer here.
- The seven seals (Revelation 6 + 8:1): slides 26 November 2023
- 2 Timothy 4:1-8: slides from a talk to Leicester Diocesan Evangelical Fellowship 1 November 2023
- Jesus’ message to Thyatira: video and slides 15 October 2023
- Reading Lukewise: an overview of Luke’s Gospel—slides 11 October 2023
- Jesus’ message to Smyrna: video and slides from a talk 1 October 2023
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Biblical Studies Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth education Galatians Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts Mark Matthew mission news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Pauline communities PhD research poverty preaching publishing research Roman empire scholarship scribal literacy Scripture sermon Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing