Here’s a helpful review of Cal Newport’s outstandingly good book Deep Work, a book which I read with great profit when it first came out. It’s by Imogen Mathew, and found on the Thesis Whisperer, a very useful and readable blog for those involved in PhD work (and their supervisors—I find it very helpful). Thanks Imogen and Inger Mewburn!
- Slides from study day on Matthew’s Gospel 3 November 2019
- Get our book, Poverty in the Early Church and Today: A Conversation, in pdf for free! 23 September 2019
- Some helpful pieces on planning and study 16 September 2019
- Sharing possessions in Acts 9 September 2019
- A very interesting piece on improving your writing 2 September 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing