Here’s a valuable post by Larry Hurtado introducing the Apostolic Fathers and some key resources for reading these important texts. I read some of these with my MA Greek Texts class, and it was fun for the students (and their lecturer!) to read stuff which they didn’t know so well in English.
- The new St Mary’s MA in Biblical Studies 7 April 2017
- It’s here! A new book on Acts, masculinity and politics 22 December 2016
- I (Still) Believe—a helpful (and very varied) book 20 December 2016
- Announcing a pause… 23 November 2016
- An excellent study day on Joseph Ratzinger/Pope Benedict XVI’s theological legacy 11 November 2016
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth Dead Sea Scrolls ecclesiology education evil gospel Gospels greek Jesus learning news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing Qumran research Richard Burridge Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Septuagint St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund textual criticism Tom Wright