Here’s a valuable post by Larry Hurtado introducing the Apostolic Fathers and some key resources for reading these important texts. I read some of these with my MA Greek Texts class, and it was fun for the students (and their lecturer!) to read stuff which they didn’t know so well in English.
- Jonathan Pennington on the life of a professor 13 August 2017
- Slides from my talk ‘Deciding about deciding’ 7 August 2017
- Larry Hurtado and Lea Keck on whether the NT is a ‘field of study’ 21 July 2017
- Suse McBay on spiritual growth through her PhD 21 June 2017
- Gabby Thomas on ‘The Gift of a PhD’ 16 June 2017
Categories of posts
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek James Crossley Jesus learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research Philippians poverty publishing research Richard Burridge Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Septuagint St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright