The Centre for Social-Scientific Study for the Bible (of which I’m an affiliate) announces an excellent conference on ‘Evil in Second Temple Judaism and Early Christianity’ which we shall be holding at St Mary’s University College, Twickenham on Friday 23 and Saturday 24 May 2014. We have a top-notch slate of speakers and a major (and neglected) topic to study—open to all interested. There is a reduced fee for students, including research students—and there is the chance to offer papers if you are doing research in this area. Details on this downloadable ‘evil’ conference poster in pdf format.
- An excellent new book on fixing academic writing problems 20 February 2019
- Tavis Bohlinger on choosing the life of the mind 18 February 2019
- New Principal for Trinity College, Bristol 5 February 2019
- A new book: Poverty in the Early Church and Today—A Conversation 1 February 2019
- Review: Tom Wright, Paul: A Biography 2 January 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Pastoral Epistles Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund textual criticism Tom Wright writing