The Centre for Social-Scientific Study for the Bible (of which I’m an affiliate) announces an excellent conference on ‘Evil in Second Temple Judaism and Early Christianity’ which we shall be holding at St Mary’s University College, Twickenham on Friday 23 and Saturday 24 May 2014. We have a top-notch slate of speakers and a major (and neglected) topic to study—open to all interested. There is a reduced fee for students, including research students—and there is the chance to offer papers if you are doing research in this area. Details on this downloadable ‘evil’ conference poster in pdf format.
- Get our book, Poverty in the Early Church and Today: A Conversation, in pdf for free! 23 September 2019
- Some helpful pieces on planning and study 16 September 2019
- Sharing possessions in Acts 9 September 2019
- A very interesting piece on improving your writing 2 September 2019
- A fascinating discussion of Matthew Novenson’s The Grammar of Messianism 24 July 2019
1 Corinthians Acts Bible Bible Society Biblical Studies British New Testament Conference Caritas Centre for the Social-Scientific Study of the Bible Chris Keith Christian growth church cities conference Corinth ecclesiology education evil Gospels greek Jesus Judaism learning Luke Luke-Acts news New Testament New Testament Studies Paul Paul and the Faithfulness of God Pauline communities PhD research poverty publishing research Roman empire SBL scholarship scribal literacy Scripture Steve Walton St Mary’s University teaching Tearfund Tom Wright writing